JOB TITLE: Operations Graduate – Materials (Building Components Division) (J002526)
COMPANY: Epwin Group PLC
SALARY: Highly Competitive Graduate Salary and Benefits Package
Epwin Group PLC is the leading manufacturer of energy efficient and low maintenance building products for the Repair, Maintenance and Improvement, Social Housing and New Build markets in the UK. It is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors, and fascia systems with some of the best-known manufacturing and service names in the sector. It has an annual Group turnover in excess of £300million.
Sustainability is at the heart of the organisation and Epwin Group takes a strong ethical stance in its manufacturing and distribution operations which is demonstrated in its significant investment in Quality, Environmental and H&S Certifications.
Serving both the Trade and Retail markets in the UK, Epwin Group PLC operates an extensive branch network covering the whole of the UK offering several well-respected brands such as Swish and Kestrel. It also sells complimentary product lines such as flat roofing systems, decorative panelling, and sealants to reinforce its position as a respected industry leader.
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, Epwin Group PLC has identified the need to develop future leaders in the areas of sales, commercial, finance and operations. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated Operations Graduate to be part of a high-performance team joining our 2-year Graduate Programme. You will be a key part of our Building Components Division based at our site in Tamworth.
In this role you will be exposed to and will participate fully in a broad range of activities to provide real business experience, quantifiable business benefits and the opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career within the Epwin Group, and more specifically within the Specialist Division. At the end of the 24-month programme, you will be fully equipped to take on their first permanent role within the Division with a host of opportunities across several functions including Production; Warehouse; Planning and Logistics: Quality Assurance: CI and Product and Materials Development.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by the Discovery Aspiring Leaders programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Following an initial 4-week induction period, you will follow four, 16-week rotations establishing themselves in key departments, developing a strong understanding of its need within the business and complete a study/project to demonstrate their new knowledge.
Closely supported by your assigned Mentor, you will be involved in hands on learning and complete rotations in the following operations areas:
o Mixing Plant Management
o Data Analysis & Process Improvement
o Technical & Measurement
o New Product Design
There will then follow a more in-depth 32-week work placement, individually tailored specifically to you interests and the business needs. As part of this placement, you will be asked to lead one specific improvement project that will enable to apply many of the new skills you have acquired during your time with Epwin.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Graduate to join our team. We are particularly looking graduates from a Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials background, but practical, data-oriented Graduates with degrees in Engineering, Science, Economics, Business Studies or Maths will also be of considerable interest. To be successful you will:
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Highly proficient in Office 365 (particularly Excel)
• Analytical and accurate – confident and competent at managing large data sets.
• The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
Salary and Benefits
At Epwin Group, we know how hard graduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery Future Leaders Programme
• Generous employer contribution towards Epwin Group company pension scheme including death in service offering
• 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
• Access to the Group’s ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.