Role: Business Development Manager – Apprenticeship & Training Solutions
Salary: Competitive Salary depending upon experience + Uncapped Commission
Location: 3 days based in Redditch office, 2 days working from home
Remit: UK Nationwide
The Discovery team are experts in designing and delivering career-defining development programmes for organisations across the UK. We are an approved training organisation for the Association of Professional Sales, an Institute of Leadership and Management approved training centre, active members with the Institute of Student Employers and approved to deliver apprenticeships by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Established in 1999, The Discovery Team are a carefully selected bunch – not typical recruitment salespeople or a numbers-based training course provider. We’re business people, in a highly disruptive economy and an extremely competitive job market, it’s our belief that businesses need to take new approaches to building their workforce and we deliver the solutions to make that happen.
- We are excited to be recruiting for a new business development manager to join our sales team with a laser focus on selling our apprenticeship and training solutions
- With a consultative and diagnostic approach, you will create, develop, and grow new & existing business relationships to solve companies’ training challenges
- Being the expert in the Apprenticeship Industry you will be emersed in the world of L&D, keeping informed of market trends and economy factors
- On a monthly basis we would expect our Salespeople to be face to face talking to companies at Exhibitions, Conferences, and functions across the country (Covid Permitting)
- You can expect to develop relationships with SME’s (Co-investment funding) and globally recognised firms (Levy Funded)
- Our business development managers also work closely with our L&D Department to ensure learners are put on the correct programmes at the right time for them.
The Right Person
- We are looking to recruit a business development manager who has a proven track record of selling government funding training or apprenticeships
- A resilient, determined, and passionate individual who can evidence success
- Self-Motivated, Inquisitive, and personable with high morals and values to offer the right solution for the client and the right agreement for Discovery
- We are looking for ambitious, competitive, entrepreneurial business professionals who want to develop their careers and succeed with us as a team
What We Offer
- We practice what we preach and offer world class training to our employees to train them for tomorrow.
- As an ILM approved training provider, many of our employees have either been on our programmes or currently working through them to receive an accreditation / qualification. We prefer to promote from within our organisation and for the right person in this role a personal development plan can be put in place for steps into management.
- We are a work family and genuinely care about each other in our team. Discovery is not only in the business of people, but we are a wholly people centric business! In our company everyone is welcome, and we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.